The Finance assistant–Accounts Payable role is to assist with the Accounts Payable team’s day to day duties, they should monitor emails and post to ensure all relevant supplier invoices are entered to the correct G/L accounts within our balance sheet or P/L as per budgets. The Finance assistant–Accounts Payable is also responsible for the collation and execution of bi-weekly payment runs, ensuring all jurisdictional packs are accompanied by relevant authorisation forms/contracts and payments are correctly entered within Dominions banking platforms. Organisational and time management skills are essential for this role.
- Ensuring invoices, disbursements and expenses are authorised by the appropriate person or backed up with the relevant contract before recording and submitting for payment;
- Assisting with the correct treatment of P/Land balance sheet items, ensuring they have been recorded in accordance with relevant accounting standards, procedures and budgets;
- Ensuring cash balances held in appropriate bank accounts and appropriate currencies in preparation for fortnightly payments runs and ad-hoc payments;
- Accurately setting up online bank payments and credit card payments;
- Liaising with banks to ensure international suppliers receive full payment;
- Reconciliation of supplier ledgers and credit card statements;
- Ensuring all work is done in accordance with the finance procedures manual and ensuring procedures are kept consistently up to date;
- Recording payments accurately and ensuring the timely reconciliation of bank accounts dealing with FX adjustment where required;
- Electronic and physical filing of invoices in absence of Client Support Assistant;
- Assist with training any new members of the Accounts Payable team;
- Assist other members of the team in busy periods or where there may be uncertainty and provide cover in absence;
- Assisting the Finance Assistant Manager and Finance Manager with projects from time to time; and
- The candidate will be expected to study for an appropriate accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA) and will be supported by the company in order to progress their career within the Business.
Skills / Experience Required
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy skills and timely completion of work;
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload;
- Adherence to strict deadlines and the ability to work under pressure where required;
- Strong time management skills are essential;
- Ability to work with colleagues and external contacts effectively;
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude and ability to learn new tasks and processes effectively;
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grades 4-9 and A levels, or equivalent.
To learn more or apply, get in touch with our HR team.