The Finance Assistant role is to assist with the team’s duties, monitoring emails and correspondence to ensure all relevant invoices are entered to the correct accounts within the ledgers. The Finance Assistant is also responsible for working closely with the Finance Officer ensuring the routine finance processes are carried out as efficiently as possible. Organisational and time management skills are essential for this role.
- Supporting the Finance Officer and Finance Manager during the monthly and quarterly billing procedure;
- Assisting with the correct treatment of P/L and balance sheet items, ensuring they have been recorded in accordance with relevant accounting standards, procedures and budgets;
- Reviewing and administering the finance system regularly to ensure it is kept up to date;
- Accurately setting up online bank payments and credit card payments;
- Liaising with banks to ensure international suppliers receive full payment;
- Ensuring all work is done in accordance with the finance procedures manual and ensuring procedures are kept consistently up to date;
- Recording payments accurately and ensuring the timely reconciliation of bank accounts dealing with FX adjustment where required;
- Electronic and physical filing of invoices in absence of Client Support Assistant;
- Assist other members of the team in busy periods or where there may be uncertainty and provide cover in absence;
- Assisting with projects from time to time and as requested;
- The candidate will be expected to study for an appropriate accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA) and will be supported by the company in order to progress their career within the Business.
Key Competences / Skills / Experience / Behaviours Required
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- Be computer literate and have a basic knowledge of MS systems (mainly word and excel);
- Willingness and ability to learn and operate new systems and processes;
- Ability to use a wide range of IT skills to present and communicate information effectively;
- Ability to communicate and escalate any deadlines and time sensitive tasks to management;
- The ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload;
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude and ability to learn new tasks and processes effectively;
- To be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of the team.
- To work with an experienced and helpful team;
- To get exposure to many different aspects of Finance in a supportive environment;
- To progress with your numerical, data presentation and accounting skills;
- The company encourages and supports further Accountancy qualifications while working.
To learn more or apply, get in touch with our People Team.