Reports to: Finance Director
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for Dominion’s statutory and regulatory reporting obligations, ensure effective financial controls and processes are in place, and manage the Finance Operations function.
The role requires attention to detail, strong organisational and time management skills. The role will involve interactions with all levels of fee earners in the business including
local Managing Directors and the Group’s auditor’s, tax advisors and bankers.
Statutory and Regulatory Returns
Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of all statutory and regulatory returns in the group.
Forecast of any regulatory financial obligations in the group to ensure that all requirements can be met.
Ensure timely sign off process is in place for all statutory and regulatory returns.
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of all statutory and regulatory returns in the group.
- Forecast of any regulatory financial obligations in the group to ensure that all requirements can be met.
- Ensure timely sign off process is in place for all statutory and regulatory returns.
- Responsible for the managing of workloads and priorities for the Finance Operations team.
- Developing the skills base of the Finance Operations team through coaching and appropriate delegation.
- Lead and motivate the Finance Operations team, performing appraisals and establishing realistic but challenging objectives.
- Supporting team members to achieve their professional qualifications.
- Maintaining appropriate controls across the finance system by establishing weekly and monthly routines and reporting cycles.
- Financial control procedures are to encompass all areas of the balance sheet, including; fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, provisions, debtors, creditors and VAT/GST.
- Maintaining the integrity of the general ledger through performing appropriate checks and reconciliations to the balance sheet.
- Development of a process to forecast likely cash inflows and outflows across the
- Responsible for ensuring processes monitor the actual cash in/ outflows against
budget and forecast.
Annual Accounts Process
- Managing the audit process from planning to completion, setting timetables, working closely with auditors to ensure deadlines are met and there are no avoidable over-runs.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual audited accounts, including consolidated accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring information is provided to auditors on a timely basis.
Key Competences / Skills / Experience / Behaviours Required
- High attention to detail, accuracy and timely completion of work.
- Good IT skills is essential.
- Positive attitude and ability to drive and be involved in change.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to take responsibility and own tasks.
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills.
- ACCA qualified or equivalent
To learn more or apply, get in touch with our People Team .