The Senior Finance Officer role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day tasks of the Billing & Timesheets team, to ensure work is completed accurately and reviewed thoroughly ensuring minimal discrepancies. The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for the client billing across the business and should provide support to the administration teams with any billing related queries. The role will consist of managing a team with direct reports to the Senior Finance Officer.
The Senior Finance Officer shall be expected to assist the Finance Manager and Assistant Manager in carrying out duties in all areas of the Finance remit and to ensure Finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Review and sign off weekly and monthly bank reconciliations;
- Review and maintenance of intercompany accounts on a monthly basis;
- Manage the monthly and quarterly billing process for all jurisdictions;
- Oversee client debt collection process, manage client debtors and provide comments for all debtors exceeding 3 months and endeavour to have them cleared appropriately;
- Ensure correct nominal analysis of income between administration, accounts and premium type income ensuring this reconciles to monthly production reporting;
- Report on fee income per administration, account for opening and closing WIP to give accurate production per administrator;
- Report on month and year to date production and variance per administrator to previous year and budgets;
- Maintain income budget master schedules, flexing on a monthly basis to consider starters, leavers, absences etc.;
- Calculate deferred and accrued income movement on a monthly basis and post movements to balance sheet for all jurisdictions;
- Reconcile debtors’ ledgers, disbursements ledgers to control accounts as well as other balance sheet items on a monthly basis;
- Reconcile bank cards to control accounts on a weekly basis;
- Assist with audit process and preparation of materials for audit to ensure deadlines are met;
- Assist with the preparation of internal company year-end financial statements;
- Assist with the preparation of internal company board packs for board meetings;
- Train new members of the Billing & Timesheets team and assist other members of the team where there is uncertainty;
- To provide cover for and assist all junior members of the team in times of absence and busy periods and be responsible for their work as detailed fully in their job descriptions;
- Ensuring all work is done in accordance with the finance procedures manual and ensuring procedures are kept consistently up to date;
- Assisting the Finance Assistant Manager and Finance Manager with projects from time to time;
Skills / experience required
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy skills and timely completion of work;
- Adherence to strict deadlines and the ability to work under pressure where required;
- Strong time management skills are essential;
- Ability to plan and prioritize own workload;
- Confidentiality when working on internal matters;
- Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Be working towards a professional qualification such as ACCA or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Finance role.
To learn more or apply, get in touch with our HR team.